APJ Abdul Kalam, a renowned Indian scientist and politician, contributed immensely to the fields of science and technology. He is popularly known as the “Missile Man” of India for his notable contribution to the country’s space sector.
What is The Full Form of APJ Abdul Kalam?
The full form of APJ Abdul Kalam is “Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam“.
Who was Dr APJ Abdul Kalam?
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam was a renowned scientist and former President of India. He belonged to a Muslim family and his full name was “Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam“. He is often referred to as APJ, Abdul Kalam, Kalam, or Dr Kalam.
- APJ Abdul Kalam was born on 15 October 1931 in a Tamil Muslim family in Rameshwaram, Tamil Nadu.
- Completed his education from Schwartz Higher Secondary School and Joseph College.
- Developed a keen interest in mathematics and pursued aerospace engineering from Madras Institute of Technology.
Education and Career
- He graduated from IIT Madras in 1957.
- Joined DRDO and later ISRO as a scientist and played a significant role in the development of various projects such as PSLV and IGMDP.
- Witnessed the first nuclear test of India.
- Appointed as the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India in 1999.
- Played a crucial role in conducting Pokhran-II in May 1998.
- He was the 11th President of India in 2002 and served until 2007.
- He has received numerous awards and honors for his contribution to the country’s growth and development.
APJ Abdul Kalam’s life and achievements continue to inspire generations. He remains a true icon and a national hero, with a legacy that lives on even after his passing.