The National Institutes of Technology (NITs) in Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh), Jaipur (Rajasthan), Jalandhar (Punjab), Kurukshetra (Haryana), Rourkela (Odisha), Surat (Gujarat), Tiruchirappalli (Tamil Nadu), and Mizoram are inviting applications for one Director vacancy each.
- A visionary with proven leadership qualities, administrative capabilities as well as teaching and research credentials.
- Having Ph.D. degree with first class degree at Bachelor’s and Master’s level in Engineering / Technology. In case of candidates who have obtained Ph.D. directly after B.E. / B.Tech., they should have obtained 1st class at Bachelor’s level in Engineering / Technology.
- The candidate shall be an eminent person in his / her field of specialization with an outstanding academic record throughout.
- The candidate shall have 15 years experience in Teaching / Industry / Research out of which 10 years must be at the level of Professor or above in a reputed educational Institute, Industry, Research Organizations.
- Preferably not more than 65 years of age as on the closing date of receipt of applications of this advertisement.
Salary and Service Conditions
- The post carries a pay of Rs.2,10,000/- (Fixed) per month with Special Allowance of Rs.11,250/- and other usual allowances.
- The terms and conditions of the services will be those as set forth in the Act, Statutes and Ordinances of the Institute.
How To Apply?
Eligible / interested people may apply ONLINE at www.nitcouncil.org.in using the prescribed application form. The online application window will be available from 10:00 a.m. on April 10, 2021 until 12:00 a.m. on May 10, 2021.
Once the application is submitted successfully. The downloaded / online generated application form with duly self-attested supporting documents, such as relevant testimonials, certificates, enclosures etc. must be sent by Registered/Speed Post to the Under Secretary (NITs-I), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Room No.429 A, C –Wing, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi – 110115 on or before 20/05/2021.